Thursday 4 October 2012

A Rebecca Taylor dress

I found a forum where they make this dress:
Leidsin vene foorumi, kus tehakse sellist kleiti:

http://club.osinka.ru/topic-41249?&start=0

I finished it within 2 weeks. I washed it and now I am waiting for it to dry. :)
Sain kleidi 2 nädalaga valmis. Pesin ära ja nüüd ootan selle kuivamist. :)

Main pattern is like this. It is 12 cm (5 inches) in diameter. It took 1 hour and 15 min to make one motif. And please don`t tell me to count how many motives there are...
Crocheting hook size 2mm.
Motiivi muster on selline. Diameetriks tuli 12 cm (5 tolli). Ühe motiivi jaoks läks 1 tund ja 15 min. Ja palun ärge paluge mul üle lugeda, mitu motiivi kleidil kokku on...
Heegelnõel suurusega 2mm.
Motifs were supposed to be together according to this plan:
Motiivid oleks pidanud olema kokku heegeldatud selle kava järgi: 
But because I am not in a model size, I had to change this plan (to make the dress a bit bigger).
Kuid kuna mina pole modelli-mõõtu, tegin mina oma kleidi suurema. 

The bubbles on that motif are made in popcorn stitch. Those popcprns are the reason why I have thick skin on my index finger (that turned into a king-size blister).
Need nupud motiividel on tehtud popkorni tehnikas. Need popkornid ongi põhjuseks, mispärast mu vasaku käe nimetissõrmele suur lahmakas naha paksendit tekkis (millest mõne aja pärast kujunes kuningliku suurusega veider vill)

Here are my creamy motifs crocheted together.
Siin on minu kreemikad kokkuheegeldatud motiivid:
 That`s the lower part of the dress:
Siin on kleidi allserv:
In the rain:
Vihmasajus:

Now I have to let my fingers rest a a little. There are few blisters that need healing :)
Nüüd tuleb lasta sõrmedel heegeldamisest puhata. Nii mõnigi vill vajab paranemist. :)


The weight of a dress is 850 gr. I had 24 creamy cotton balls, each 70g. So I think I used around 12 of them for this dress.
Kleidi kaaluks on 850 grammi. Mul oli 24 kreemikat puuvilla kera. Niiet kleidiks kulus neist siis ilmselt 12 kera. 

This dress has also a longer version:
Sel kleidil on ka pikem versioon: 
 It looks a lot like wedding dress, doesn`t it?
Näeb kuidagi pulmakleidi moodi välja, kas pole?

And it also has a different shoprter version:
Ja on ka teistmoodi, lühema kleidi variant:
I found this last dress on eBay, there is costs 239 dollars+shipping 35. So altogether it would cost around 275 dollars (approx 170 pounds).
Leidsin selle kleidi eBay`st, kus ta maksab 239 dollarit+saatekulu 35. Seega kokku tuleks kleidi maksumus 275 dollarit (u 170 inglise naela).

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sandra! I get a lot of compliments when I am wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful... i've been searching for this for a long time.. thanks for sharing :) beautiful work.. and it looks good on you !

    ReplyDelete